Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Lone Pine

When we went to PEI this summer, we went to a store in Charlottetown called Northern Watters Knitwear. It was a fabulous spot. They sold gift ware and pottery and the most beautiful woollen knit sweaters. They had employees working on the knitting machines in the back of the store. They were churning out sweaters lickedy split. 

They also had a fairly large selection of yarns for sale. Most of it was 'local' yarns. Fleece Artist and Handmaiden and the Mineville Wool Project.  I had such a tough time deciding what to buy. I wanted it all!

I did limit myself to three skeins - two of which were actual kits!  I've already cast on both kits. That's how gorgeous this stuff is! 

I cast this on this past Friday- so three days ago. Now we have had a long weekend so I did have more knitting time than usual. This pattern is called Lone Pine Mittens and it's by Todwick Studios. 


I love it!! I'm currently finishing up the thumb on the first mitten. This is going to be a beautiful pair of mittens. 

No comments: