Saturday, November 22, 2014

Winter is Here.

Usually winter comes to this part of the world gradually. We usually will get a snow storm or two before Haloween. The snow melts a little and a little more falls. And little by little our world becomes frozen and covered in snow. But not this year. 

We didn't have any snow for Halloween. But several days after that I get a phone call that the portable insta garage where Kev had been storing wood and the lawnmower had blown into the middle of the street. Of course Kev was out of town for this - as always seems to be the case whenever anything detrimental happens. 

Not only was it windy but about three feet of snow had fallen overnight. And guess what? None of it has melted. We've had more snow since and it too has stayed. Winter has definitely taken hold here and it's not letting go anytime soon. 

The good news is that I'm a knitter and I have a unique skill that allows me to keep warm. And to keep my loved ones warm.
The shawl pictured is a Steven West design. Anyone who has read this blog knows of my affection for Steven West designs. This one is no exception. It's a mystery KAL. It's the third one of his that I've done. I think it's his best one yet and I only gotten two clues done so far but I'm speeding right along. All of the clues have been released and I love the look of some of the finished shawls that are popping up on Rav 

I'm currently in the middle of some travel which usually means some knitting and hopefully some visits to yarn shops. Hopefully I'll finish this shawl up soon. I'm gonna need it. 
 

No comments: