Tuesday, November 25, 2014

St. John's

I took a quick visit to St John's this past weekend. No trip to town would be complete without a visit to Cast On! Cast Off! 

It's a delightful little LYS ran by the equally delightful Katie. She has curated an amazing collection of indie dyed yarns. If you like to purchase souvenir yarn then I strongly urge you to drop by Katie's shop. 

I bought a sweaters quantity of fingering weight yarn to knit an all over lace pattered cardigan. The yarn is gorgeous! (More about that later in a future post) 

I think I may be crazy for even thinking about this sweater but it's one of those things .... Ya know? It's in my head and I can't stop thinking about it. That and the fact that my friend Jessie is knitting it and hers is turning out so beautifully. 

Katie is running a little KAL this month. It's Christmas ornaments. Knit one for yourself or for her shop. This little cutie is what I made for her. 
The pattern is called "snowball buddies" by Susan Claudino. There are other critters in the collection. I think I'll be making more of these little guys. They are so cute and so easy to make. 

While in town I got to meet up with my gorgeous niece. It was so nice to see her considering we missed her when we visited Newfoundland last month for Dads birthday. 

Here we are at the recently opened Jack Asters in downtown St John's. They have some interesting things on the menu including a side called "stacked jiggs" 

Fellow Newfoundlanders and Labradorians will have some idea of what that is. I didn't try it myself but it sure looked interesting. Maybe next time. 

No comments: