Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm obsessed

With Stephen West's patterns. Its all I can think about. I cast on for his daybreak shawl a little a while ago. I can think of nothing else. I'm using yarn that I bought while in Montreal. Sweetgeorgia yarns - Cash luxe fine. And oh my god!! Its heavenly.

I've been pondering why some projects that I cast on, I love initially and then it gets kinda ... meh...not so interesting or entertaining anymore. The yarn is splitty, the pattern gets boring... something just doesn't hold my interest.

But not this time. I don't know what it is about this particular combination of yarn and pattern, but I absolutely have no desire, whatsoever to knit on ANYTHING else. I'm a woman obsessed.

I'm guessing that I have about 1/2 the shawl knit. I'm going to try for the largest size depending upon yarn amounts. This yarn is beyond gorgeous. The colour is stunning. The fiber content is so, so soft. The yardage is generous. Their website says it has 375 yards but for some reason, I thought the label said over 400 yards.



Once I finish knitting this, I'm sure I'll cast on for another Stephen West pattern. I'm really thinking Bandwidth. We shall see.

No comments: