Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mystery Revealed

 Back in November, I joined a mystery knit along on Ravelry.  I wasn't sure what the project was, but it was offered by one of my favorite designers, so I couldn't resist.   I'm so happy with the resulting shawl.  I haven't taken it off since I took it off the blocking mats earlier this morning. 
 Lee will be offering this pattern with different options, including lace and cables.  She has completed a gorgeous cabled version herself, that will definitely be on my 'to do' list in the new year.
 Other than the mystery KAL, I've been busy getting ready for Christmas.  This year, I took part in a cookie exchange with my Trefoil Guild.  Here is a picture of my offering.  These are oreo truffles.  My daughter, Amy, put me on to this recipe, found here at blogger Bakerella's website.  I highly recommend this recipe.  The resulting cookies are exquisite. 
We also did a homemade gift exchange for Christmas with the Trefoil Guild.  Each of us made a gift, not knowing who the recipient would be.  I decided to make a woven scarf.  I was going to give mittens, but didn't finish them in time.  Besides, everyone was expecting me to make a knitted gift.  I wanted to surprise them.  Julie was the lucky recipient of this scarf.  It turned out so beautiful.  I'm still amazed at how fast I can turn out a woven scarf with generous sizing.  This one was made using frog tree alpaca for the weft and a tweed wool blend for the warp.  Julie seemed to like her scarf. 

No comments: