Sunday, November 28, 2010

Teach a Child to Knit

You know the old saying 'Give a man a fish, he eats for a day but teach a man to fish he'll eat for a lifetime'.  Well, I believe this to be true of knitting.  Max loves hand knitted things.  In case you don't know, Max is Kev's 3 year old grandson.  He lives with us now - partime anyways.  I love him to bits.  Today he spotted some juggling balls on Ravelry that he really wanted.  Of course I made them for him
 They were super easy.  So then he gets it into his head that he can learn to knit.  The balls are crochet, but he does see me knit more.   So I thought, why not?  I was 7 when I learned, but kids today seem to be so ahead of things, maybe he could learn.   Well, he was more interested in using the needles as drumsticks.  I didn't think he would be able to master the fine motor skills.  He just wanted to mimic what I was doing.  Too cute though, isn't he?


















 




 And I wanted to show off a pair of handspun mittens that I made for him.  I think I will make an ichord to thread through his jacket so he doesn't lose them.  Handspun is much more precious.  I am getting over my reluctance to use it.

No comments: