Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Short Winter


A mild winter thats for sure. We haven't had those long periods of weeks on end where its been 40 below (Celcius). In fact, I recall only 1 real week of it sometime in January. And we haven't had a lot of snow. Spring will arrive shortly in Labrador. It makes sense then, that I'm knitting these heavey boot socks for Kevin.

He will wear these hunting and cutting wood I expect. Though, likely not until October with the way things are going. I don't mean that I won't finish them until October. (though, with me that remains a distinct possibility). I just mean that its been so mild that these aren't altogether necessary anymore.

The pattern and the yarn are both by Briggs and Little - an east coast favorite. Great pattern, neat little heel. I'll likely make these again.

No comments: