Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can't Believe that I haven't blogged this...



p

My friend Sheryl got married! I was the MC for her wedding. I'm not sure how I got talked into it, but it went something like it being an honour, and there isn't a whole lot that I wouldn't do for Sheryl etc. And it was August when she asked and November seemed such a long way away, and it seemed as though I would have plenty of time to prepare. Well, needless to say I was up until 1am the night before, putting finishing touches on my speeches, jokes, toasts etc. 1am is late for me. Somehow, I also volunteered to make a wrap for her, because, lets face it...Labrador in November is pretty freaking cold. I also volunteered Jess to do half of the knitting on the wrap.

Sheryl picked out this pattern herself. Its called 'Deciduous' by Sheepy Time knits. The good thing about this pattern that worked well for 2 person knitting is that is it knit for the center outwards using a provisional cast on. So, I knit one side, then handed it off to Jess to knit the other. Jess had a little trouble getting our tensions to match, but did so well enough that only a seasoned kntter would notice. We had a funny conversation at work that went some thing like, "I'm loose, but Jess is looser" Dirty minds had a great chuckle at that. I also worried that white leaves would look like feathers and Sheryl might look like a giant partridge. But not so, Jess thinks the leaves look like frost in white. I agree.

In any case Sheryl was very pleased with the wrap. It is now carefully folded and lovingly put away, while her wedding dress remains in a heap on her bedroom floor.

No comments: