Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rocking the Rice Crispies





This is not a knitting post. Strange isn't it? I totally stole this idea from someone on craftster. Nat and Blair had their engagement party last week and I wanted to make something fun. It was a big hit. No one wanted to cut it - they all thought it was too cute. Either that, or people's tastes were too refined to enjoy the rice crispie treats. Someone asked if the ribbon was fondant. Can you imagine? Um...no. Not fondant, but a fruit roll up. Even better she says.


And in keeping with the rice crispie theme...I made this fake pizza for Morgan's first birthday party tomorrow.
















I made this same sort of 'pizza' for Max's first birthday too. Its only fitting then, that I made one for Morgan. Oh, I also made these babies. I'm on a roll.















I wonder why it is that I enjoy making deserts and treats that look like something else entirely? I once made 'mock sushi' out of rice crispies, gummy worms, and fruit roll ups. The cone cupcakes are pretty tame I guess.

No comments: