Saturday, January 31, 2009

Say Hello to my Little Friend


So I bought this little pendant at 'Terry's Tents' just before Christmas. I really like it. And its super cute. I was telling Amy that this pendant can be worn on airplanes. She thinks its kind of hilarious that knitters have designed a necklace that allows us to sneak blades onto airplanes.

I'm actually using this post to try out my new camera. Yes, a new camera. Kev gave me a camera for my birthday before last. Thankfully he bought extended warranty on it. It ended up being sent in for repairs right after Christmas last and and before Christmas this year. So, this time around they replaced it. Its just a little Canon powershot 8.0 megapixels, but I love it.

And I've been spinning. Yay. This is a soy blend, and I'm not sure of the percentages. But it sure is pretty. Its 160 yards too. Quite substantial. I'm not sure what it will become. I'm sure it'll ruminate in my stash for quite some time.

I had what looked like a fair amount of single left on one bobbin after I had plied the two together, so I tried my hand at Navajo plying. Um...not so good. I think I had the technique down pretty good. I was doing the chaining thing okay, but the single kept breaking as I was pulling the chain through. When I try this technique again, it'll be on a single that I've spun specifically for Navajo plying. And, I'll make sure to spin the single tighter. That'll work won't it?

No comments: