Monday, August 11, 2008

I've been bad.




I bought $180 worth of yarn. There. I said it. I'm not apologizing, but I just glanced through my stash and it is seriously getting out of hand. I blame it on the stress. I went to Bathurst with Amy for her orthophragnatic surgery. She had her top jaw broken in two places and her bottom jaw broken on one side. It's a very unpleasant experience to see your only child in such misery. But I used yarn as a coping mechanism.

I also cast on for two new projects. I bought a kit for thrummed mittens - which I've been dying to try ever since I learned that this is a Newfoundland technique. Who knew? I've seen (and likely owned) thrummed things all my life, but never knew that it originated here.

We have a very rich knitting history. I also cast on for another pair of plain vanilla socks. I'm not even sure what the yarn is. The truth is that I only bought it because it has aloe vera in it, and I really wanted to give it a try.


I also finished my Spring Forward socks from knitty. They are lovely and blocking as I type.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi. just discovered your blog on ravelry. great to know of another obsessive spinner so close to home (i'm in corner brook)