Sunday, February 17, 2008

Why is there no joy in sock knitting?



I ponder this a lot. Other people love it. Other people obsess over sock knitting. Not me. I love the yarn. I love the finished product, but I hate knitting the damned things. I thought this time would be different. I tried entrelac socks. Now, I love entrelac. You only need to look at my long line of 'Danica's' to figure that out. So I thought just this one, I would find the joy. But, sadly no.

I am determined to find a sock pattern that I love. One that I don't dread knitting. I'm thinking a plain stockinette, in a larger weight yarn might do the trick. Old fashioned vamps. Or maybe something with an interesting construction. I might even try magic loop next time. We'll see.

On the bright side though, they are pretty aren't they?

No comments: